Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: READY, SET, VAN GOGH!!!

  1. #1
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    While browsing around Cherie Currie's official web site I found this interesting new resume addition:

    BRAVO/NBC: "READY, SET, VAN GOGH" - Series Pilot - 2003 [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    I quickly did a google search to find out what I could about it and found this 'Reality TV World' link:

    http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/...ory.php?s=1379

    This article dated July 9th, 2003 states "Jeff Gaspin, President of Bravo, today unveiled a new reality series pilot for a show named 'Ready, Set, Van Gogh!' as the cable channel seeks to achieve a new identity with original programming."

    Dani Behr hosts as each episode will feature three different arts competitions, with a trio of professional artists competing to win at their respective specialty. The pilot will feature chainsaw tree carving, beach sand sculpture and junk art.

    With the clock ticking -- and no prep time -- artists have to create a mesmerizing work that will be judged by a panel of experts versed in the same art forms to determine the winner. Subsequent episodes will follow other extreme art forms, including graffiti, pavement and body art.

    "Ready, Set, Van Gogh is a one-hour pilot to be produced by GRP Productions."
    [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
    Does anybody know anything else about this? Has it already aired?
    I hope it wasn't put on the back burner for some reason but I also hope I haven't missed it!
    It sounds to me like this would be a totally FANtastic show and with our beloved Chainsaw Chick featured in the pilot episode, how could it not be a total success!

    I'll keep searching for details. Please let me know if you have any!
    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Gus

  2. #2
    STINGRAY69
    Guest STINGRAY69's Avatar

    GUS:. It sounds too me like,Cherie would "Chop Up"All the Competition.& Spit-um out,Into Tooth Picks...With lots of saw-dust In all there faces...She's just that good !!!

    Am looking Into Tool/Designing a Chainsaw that will cut In 3-Precise Directions at onces....

    [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] for C/C xo Eric..................

    <font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ April 04, 2004 07:08 PM: Message edited by: STINGRAY69 ]</font>

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner rocketmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2000
    Posts
    1,342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cherie appeared in the pilot episode as the Celebrity Guest Judge of the chainsaw art competition. As far as we know, the pilot has not yet aired which probably means it was not picked up as a series. The pilot may still air at some point regardless. Cherie filmed for 2 days with them, there's a lot of footage. The pitch was that it was supposed to be like "Junkyard Wars" but with artists. We'll let ya know if we hear anything about it!

  4. #4
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Thanks for the info rocketmaster!
    Maybe I can contact Bravo somehow and request an airing of the pilot. I'll look into it next weekend!
    Couldn't hurt, eh?!?!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic